Saturday, December 31, 2005

a message to me in 2006

I’m home alone on New Year’s Eve. At least this got me to thinking. Being alone on a celebratory night does that to you. To go into a New Year marks changes. Changes for the better. So this is a message, for me in 2006, to make this new year better than its predecessor, 2005.

I have to strive to make things better. Make myself better. Firstly, a situation such as this, being alone on New Year’s Eve, should be the last of it. I don’t know how to phrase this, but for the new beginning in 2006 I have to start putting myself out there. I have tried to pep talk myself this way so many times, I know. But the situation remains the same.

For me in 2006, don’t let your situation bring you down. There is no point in crying over things you are unhappy about but set out to make it right. Lying on your ass is not going to make anything happen. Neither do things happen overnight. A spur of the moment burst of life and enthusiasm from myself, which only lasts for that brief period, isn’t going to change anything either. It would make that period seem much better than others, but it can only last for that one period.

Strive to be a good girl. You know you want to, but you let other influences get in your way, or just your weak mind. Discipline is key, keep that strong and maybe you’ll be halfway to being the sweet, wholesome, good-hearted girl you want to be.

A little prayer for the New Year:

Lord, bless the New Year as it comes. I pray You’ll bring with it many good tidings to fill us all. Keep us safe and healthy and good for You Lord. May you fill us with Your love and care throughout this year, and Lord I pray we would be constantly filled with the longing for Your Word the year through. Thank You Lord. Bless this day and all the days to come. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home