Monday, January 19, 2009

Time to rethink things

I started off my year with a loss. Though to some it may not seem like a huge one, it devastated me.

Though losses like these are a part of life, it hurts even more when you know it was your own doing that caused it. Mistakes made again and again, taking for granted that you would always have what you want.

This year is the year to change. I may not be perfect, but I would like to think I was a pretty good person back then. I strived to be virtuous in every way that I can, but somehow instead of fighting to be better I let myself slide over these recent years.

2009 will be a year of reawakening. I hope things have opened my eyes sufficiently that I don't lose the message of my mistakes of 2008. My eyes are set on my goal but yes, old habits die hard. I can only hope and pray, and try and set constant reminders for myself. With every event that occurs this year, hopefully it will be an indication of self improvement.

I want to be a good person, the best person I can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home